Dragon Fruit Benefits for Hair and Skin
With endless aisles of beauty products aimed to improve your skin and hair, it can be easy to forget that the most important thing you can do to look and feel your best is to provide your body with proper nutrition. When your skin is glowing and your locks are flawless, it’s not only an instant confidence booster but also a sign that you are well-nourished!
Did you know that Dragon Fruit, also known as Pitaya can prove to be a vital ingredient in your diet?
Aside from its beautiful and exotic look, this colorful fruit stores many health benefits as it is packed with antioxidants, vitamins, nutrients and omega fats. Today, we’ll be talking about how dragon fruit can be beneficial for improving the appearance and overall health of the skin and hair.
Dragon Fruits Benefits for Skin
- Anti-Aging Properties: Pitaya is rich in antioxidants which help fight free radicals that cause premature aging and cellular damage. In addition, dragon fruit contains Vitamin C which is a potent antioxidant that can neutralize these free radicals and slow down the aging process. If you’re looking to prevent sun damage, consuming Vitamin C rich superfoods such as Pitaya can be just as important as wearing sunscreen.
- Collagen Production: Vitamin C activates fibroblasts that make new collagen to keep your skin strong and firm. If you’re looking to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, try incorporating dragon fruit into your daily diet. You can do this by preparing a daily refreshing Vitamin C Bowl or a Super Berry Smoothie if you’re on the go!
- Skin Cell Production: Vitamin A is another great vitamin found in dragon fruit that can lend a hand in keeping your skin radiant and youthful. We need Vitamin A and carotenoids to stimulate skin cell production so a lack of these vitamins can lead to weakened skin.
- Protects Against Infection: By stimulating cell production, Vitamin A strengthens our skin which protects from bacteria and pollutants. The protective properties of Vitamin A make it one of the most necessary nutrients for the skin.
Dragon Fruit Benefits for Hair
- Hair Growth: Dragon fruit contains iron which is responsible for carrying oxygen to your hair’s roots. This allows for your hair to grow. By starting your day off with a dragon fruit breakfast bowl, you’ll be closer to meeting your recommended daily intake of iron and avoid a deficiency that can halt hair growth.
- Hydrates: When we think of hydrating our hair, usually a product such as a leave-in conditioner or hair mask comes to mind. However, we often overlook the importance of water, the simplest ingredient of all. Aside from drinking lots of water throughout the day, think about incorporating water-rich foods into your meals. The high water content of dragon fruit helps to keep your hair from feeling dry and brittle.
- Prevents Breakage: B vitamins create red blood cells that carry oxygen and nutrients to the cells in the scalp and hair follicles. Pitaya has Vitamins B1, B2, and B3 which support healthy hair growth and may prevent breakage and shedding.
Pitaya is a nutrient-dense superfood with many benefits to your skin, hair and overall health. Explore Superfoods Organic Pitaya Pulp mixes excellently with different fruits in smoothies and pitaya bowls. So if you’re ready to make this beauty berry a part of your diet, shop our Pitaya products here!